If you don’t know the difference between table salt and Himalayan pink salt you are probably of the thought that salt is all bad for you. This is absolutely not true. Yes, table salt is terrible for you! It contains 97% Sodium Chloride, Aluminum, glass, is chemically produced, is bleached, and almost all of the nutrients are extracted, to mention a few of the problems. In fact when salt-water fish are placed in water with table salt in it, they die.
Studies found that hypertension and high blood pressure are associated only with table salt since it doesn’t have the other minerals to balance out the sodium (such as magnesium). In fact real or unrefined salt actually works to regulate blood pressure.
Himalayan pink salt on the other hand is great for your health. Himalayan salt benefits include supporting weight loss, preventing muscle cramps, detox, balanced hormones maintaining libido, supplies over 80 essential minerals, and much more. The most bio-available way to absorb it is through Sole. (Click here to learn more about Himalayan Pink Salt)
What is Sole?
Sole is water fully saturated with unrefined natural salt. When himalayan salt dissolves in water, it results in a concentrated, electrically charged matrix of the 84 trace minerals in the salt. The ionic salt and trace minerals nourish each cell in your body. Here are some of the benefits of Sole, how to make it, and how much to take:
• Supplies the body with 84 essential minerals
• Normalize the body’s pH and normalize blood pressure.
• Dissolve and eliminate sediments which lead to stones and various forms of rheumatism like arthritis.
• Lower the craving for addictive desires.
• Can help with skin diseases by cleaning from inside out.
• Help to get rid of heavy metals such as lead, mercury, arsenic, amalgam and calcium because the Himalayan Pink Salt is able to break up their molecular structures. Even animal proteins, which are difficult to break down and eliminate, will be eliminated through the urine due to the powerful properties of the minerals.
• Effective in stabilizing irregular heartbeats
• Extracts excess acidity from the cells in the body, particularly the brain cells.
• Balances blood sugar levels; a crucial element for diabetes sufferers.
• Vital for the generation of hydroelectric energy in your body's cells.
• Vital to the nerve cells for communication and information processing.
• Allows absorption of food particles through the intestinal tract.
• Clears lungs of mucous plugs and sticky phlegm, particularly in asthma and cystic fibrosis.
• Clears up congestion of the sinuses.
• Natural antihistamine.
• Prevents muscle cramps.
• Prevents excess saliva production.
• Strengthens bones. Osteoporosis, in many ways, is a result of salt and water shortage in the body.
• Helps with sleep regulation. It is a natural hypnotic.
• A little Sole on the tongue will help stop persistent dry coughs.
• Prevents gout and gouty arthritis.
• Maintains sexuality and libido.
• Prevents varicose veins and spider veins on the legs and thighs.
• Helps to boost energy
• Helps Hydration- The body naturally repairs and detoxifies during sleep, but in doing so, it uses up a good amount of water. This is why we are often more thirsty in the morning. Consuming a salt solution like Sole helps the body re-hydrate.
• Helps the Body Detoxify- Sole is naturally anti-bacterial and can help remove bad bacteria in the body.
• Improving Digestion- Sole stimulates the digestive system promoting food absorption and regularity naturally.
• Weight Loss- By improving digestion and nourishing the body on a cellular level, Sole can help promote weight loss.
• Healthy Skin, Hair and Nails- Sole’s high mineral content makes it great for healthy skin (and acne problems), and for hair and nail growth.
It is interesting to note that the conventional treatment for many of the above problems includes removing excess salt/sodium from the diet. While table salt could certainly have a negative effect and is best avoided, natural salt contains over 84 minerals and is incredibly nourishing for the body.
According to the book Water & Salt: The Essence of Life and this post:
“In a nine-week study undertaken in 2003 at the Inter-University of Graz, Austria examined the effects of Himalayan Crystal Salt on physical and psychological functions of the body. It is the only salt ever to have been the subject of comprehensive double-blind scientific research. The results of the study, presented in the book, Water & Salt – The Essence of Life by Dr. Barbara Hendel, M.D. and biophysicist Peter Ferreira, confirmed significant positive changes in respiratory, circulatory, organ, connective tissue and nervous system functions. Patients also reported increases in quality of sleep, energy and concentration levels, brain activity, weight loss, enhanced consciousness, and noticeable hair and nail growth.”
Even better, Sole is a very inexpensive addition to a healthy diet and lifestyle and it is incredibly easy to make.
Where To Get (Healthy) Salt
As Sole is simply salt and water, the quality of the salt is extremely important. I prefer to use just Himalayan salt, but you can also mix with a small amount of Redmond Salt or Celtic Salt added. If you can't find it at your local health food store, try clicking on the pictures below: (And make sure it is pure)
How to Make Sole
As I said, the only ingredients are salt and water so the recipe is pretty simple. You’ll also need a glass jar with a plastic or non-metal lid. I used a regular mason jar.
Everyone knows that salt dissolves in water, right? But did you know that if you keep adding salt to a glass of water you’ll get to a point where the water becomes saturated with salt? You will know this has occurred when the salt will just sit on the bottom of the glass without dissolving. This is exactly what you want to do in order to make the Sole. Here’s how to make it:
- Fill a glass mason jar about ¼ of the way with Himalayan Salt.
- Fill the jar with artesian, spring, or filtered water completely covering the salt with water. Let sit overnight.
- If all the salt has dissolved, add a bit more salt to the water. It is ready when the water becomes fully saturated with salt and cannot hold any more leaving salt at the bottom.
How to Consume:
Each morning, on an empty stomach, add one teaspoon of the Sole to a glass of spring or filtered water and drink. Do not add more, especially starting off! If this causes a detox reaction or headache, work up slowly.
Do not use metal. Keep the container covered with a plastic top to prevent the water from evaporating, otherwise, no special storage is needed and it will keep forever. Salt is a natural anti-bacterial and natural fungicide, it simply cannot spoil or go bad.
Make the mixture as above and store at room temp. It will last indefinitely as salt is naturally anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. More water and salt can be added as needed to keep up the amount in the jar.
Regarding Metal: Salt when mixed with water will oxidize metals and chemical and physical reactions start to take place. When this happens it can release other metals and chemicals into the salt water as the metal lid (or metal spoon) starts to corrode. Stainless steel or other non-corrosive metals won’t rust in theory, but they can still react to the salt water. That said, using a stainless steel spoon to scoop water out a little water or to quickly stir the solution probably won’t be in contact with the salt water long enough to start the reaction, so I would not worry too much about that few seconds. I do that myself without worry. Leaving the metal spoon in the salt water, or using metal canning jar lid that is in contact with the salt water for longer periods really increases the potential of having oxidization and corrosion issues by drawing chemicals/metals/elements out of the metal and into the water.
I am not a doctor and as with any health advice, consult a qualified practitioner before adding any new supplements, especially if pregnant, nursing or if you have a medical condition.
By utilizing the information presented on this site, you agree to and understand that author, Bill Farr is not a doctor or any other type of certified health care professional, and his opinion is not a substitute for professional medical prevention, diagnosis, or treatment. Please consult with your doctor or your other health care providers concerning your symptoms and medical requirements before following any of the remedies or other suggestions he offers. His opinion is based on his own research and is to be used for educational purposes only. Bill Farr’s wellness plans and advice are meant to be used in conjunction with standard allopathic or osteopathic medical treatment and care.