Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Ingredients for roasted brussel sprouts
- 1 pound brussel sprouts, rinsed, trimmed ends, rough leaves & sprouts removed
- 1 teaspoon himalayan salt
− 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 2 table spoons avocado oil
- Cover pan with brussel spouts cut in half or quarters.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim the ends remove loose leaves and cut them in half and if they are big cut in quarters to roast evenly.
- Put in a bowl, add oil and ingredients
- Cook for 30 – 45 minutes
- Another option is to pine nuts, pecans - add in last 10 minutes of roasting. What I like to do is in this case with walnuts, break them up, add some honey or maple syrup and add them in with 15 minutes left.
- If after 30 minutes the sprouts aren't browned enough, put them under the broiler (or increase the heat to 500°F) for 5 minutes.
Now after cooking you can add parmesan cheese, balsamic vinegar, honey or more olive oil like I do. This can also make a great salad by letting them cool, toss with baby kale, grapes, goat cheese and oil and vinegar. And I’ll have all these recipes and a spicy sauce that taste great and is great for you there as well to add to these.
• 1 Tbsp minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
• ½ teaspon thyme
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice (or apple cider vinegar
• pine nuts - add in last 5 minutes of roasting.
Optional add ons after cooking
• 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (added after cooking)
• 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
• 1 teaspoon honey
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
Click photo for links:
If you don’t know, all non-stick coated cookware is terrible for you, the environment and your pets. Avoid those and others that leach heavy metals and more. I use 100% ceramic cookware as you see in the video. They perform great, you can still grab the pans when they are cooking, they cook evenly, and I love using them.
27% Off 20pc Cookware Set While Supplies Last
Why Ceramic Cookware Is Safer Than Stainless Steel
Benefits of Xtrema Ceramic Cookware
Spicy sauce option -
2 red bell peppers, 2 jalapenos, 1 yellow onion, 1 Anaheim chili, 2 garlic cloves (peeled), olive oil, honey and some kosher salt.
To start, preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. While your oven preheats take all of the vegetables for your sauce and place them on a roasting pan and leave them in the oven until they are nicely roasted.
While the brussel sprouts are in the oven you can make the sauce.
Start by roasting the peppers, onions, and garlic cloves.
- Next steam them or just put them in a covered bowl until they soften for 10-15 minutes
- Peal off the black outer burnt skin from the peppers. You should have a soft, semi-slippery pepper which you will want to toss into a blender along with the other roasted ingredients. For the roasted onion, only use the outer roasted layers, remove the center part that is not roasted.
Blend the roasted vegetables into a smooth puree, drizzle in the olive oil until the sauce begins to take shape (roughly 1/4 cup of olive oil), add honey to taste (2-3 Tbsp depending on sweeter or spicy preference)
- Add salt to taste.
Broil in Cast Iron (or preferred ceramic link above) – add enough cooking oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Spread the brussels sprouts out in a large cast iron frying pan or roasting pan in a single layer with plenty of space between the sprouts. Sprinkle generously with salt (at least half a teaspoon) and a few turns of black pepper. 5-10 minutes.
Benefits of Brussel Sprouts
Like all other cruciferous vegetables in this series bustle sprouts has huge benefits like detox, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory, all which make them a great cancer fighter, they are also great for cardiovascular, digestion, bone health with lots of vitamins and minerals particularly b and c and of course fiber.
For more recipes on Brussels Sprouts go to this link here:
You also Might Like These: