Here is an all-natural Bentonite Clay toothpaste that I love to use along with the first all natural toothpaste I make. I switch off between the two. See below for how it works and my complete guide for oral health below.
Bentonite Clay Toothpaste:
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) Bentonite clay
- 3 Tablespoons of Xylitol powder
- 4 Tablespoons of coconut oil, warmed to liquid
- 20 drops essential oil (peppermint, cinnamon, )
- 20 drops essential oil (Myrrh, clove)
- 30 drops Concentrace trace minerals
- 3 Tablespoons of water (Might add a bit more if necessary)
How to make it:
Bentonite clay attracts positively charged heavy metals, so only use stainless steel utensils (which is used to mine the clay).
- Grind down the Xylitol if you like it to be a bit less abrasive.
- Add Bentonite Clay in a bowl with Xylitol (or even a food processor) and mix.
- Add liquid coconut oil (lightly heated if necessary) and mix
- Then add essential oils, trace minerals, and water. (If using a food processor, slowly pour the liquids in while continuing to pulse until smooth.
- Optional – You can add baking soda if you like as well, and if you are not making my other all natural homemade toothpaste I would. (2 tablespoons for this recipe)
- Add more water if necessary to reach desired consistency.
- Store in a glass jar with a lid. (You can use plastic if necessary) The air may dry it out over time so you can just add a bit of water if necessary.
If you can’t find them locally buy ingredients here: (click photo for link)
Now Foods Xylitol, 2.5 pound bag
– Baking soda
One 16 oz Bob’s Red Mill Baking Soda
Now – Calcium Magnesium Citrate Powder 8 Oz
Trace Minerals Research – Concentrace Trace Mineral Drops, 8 fl oz liquid
If you don’t want to make your own, here are 4 all natural toothpastes I love:
(click photos for link)
To buy Therapeutic grade Edible Essential Oils:
– go to or click – www.mydoterra.com/newyorkcity/
– click “Shop” in the top banner.
– click “Start shopping” (after setting “English” and “United states” our country)
– click “Essential Oils” under products on left, then “single oils” for single oils find pepperming, Clove or Cinnamon below
– Check out
About the Toothpaste:
All the ingredients in this homemade toothpaste are 100% natural, edible, and full of the minerals your teeth can use to re-build enamel and maintain healthy teeth and gums.
It’s a long-held belief among conventional dentistry that it is not possible to re-grow tooth enamel or heal cavities. But many studies such as these done by holistic dentists prove otherwise (see sources below)
Along with a diet rich in fat-soluble vitamins A, D, K-2 and trace minerals along with an all natural toothpaste such as this one or the first one I recommend, can transform your teeth and overall dental health. Another big part of this diet includes low refined sugar, white or wheat flour and phytic acid and other anti-nutrients.
Here are a couple of first hand stories of people who have healed their children’s cavities and how they did it.
Why make toothpaste yourself?
Most commercial toothpaste contains glycerin, which has been shown to create a coating around your teeth that prevents their natural process of remineralizing. Glycerin has also been shown to weaken tooth enamel over the long-term. This happens because the same film coating prevents the minerals in your saliva from interacting with your tooth enamel.
Making your own toothpaste allows you to use all healthy ingredients and leave out toxic chemical such as fluoride, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Triclosan, Diethanolomine, Isopropyl Alcohol, Sorbitol, Glycerin
Sugar and your teeth: When sugar converts to acid, the enamel coating on your teeth starts to breakdown, then when the bacteria, present inside all of our mouths, gets inside the broken down enamel is when your teeth start to rot from the inside. This is how cavities are formed, and most commercial toothpastes have sugar in them.
Chemicals like fluoride actually strip the surface of the enamel, leaving it white and smooth in the short term, but it is actually thinner and more exposed than ever.
This toothpaste will gently remove the build up of plaque, and other bacteria, give the mouth an all natural, organic, antibacterial compound that will combat bad breath and any remaining harmful bacteria. It will also provide the pH in your whole mouth and provide the building blocks necessary for the re-mineralization process to occur, while promoting healthy gums and strong enamel. This will help to avoid dental problems before they start.
Why I use these Ingredients:
- – Coconut oil – antifungal and helps kill the main bacteria that causes tooth decay.
- – Concentrace Minerals – with the proper diet, this can help to remineralize teeth.
- – Xylitol is a sweetener but also an anti-cavity agent, reduces plaque and kills bad bacteria.
- – Bentonite Clay – changes the PH in your mouth towards alkaline which is tougher for bad bacteria to grow, also oxidizes stains, removes plaque and helps rebuild gums. To learn more about Bentonite Clay and it’s many uses, see my blog here.
- – Tea tree oil is an antiseptic, antifungal, anti inflammatory for gums, treats periodontal disease and bad breath. Warning – it’s strong and could be irritant to sensitive skin, and pregnant women or breast feeding, should avoid it.
- – Peppermint – Many health benefits in general (such as reduce headaches, nausea, anxiety but specifically for us is antiseptic as well as make your breath great.
- – Myrrh is an anti fungal, anti inflammatory and prevents gingivitis
For Complete Oral Health I recommend this Process:
- – Oil Pull (instead of any mouth wash)
- – Then brush with this baking soda toothpaste in the morning (after oil pulling).
- – Then brush with The Bentonite Clay toothpaste in this blog at night
- – Whiten teeth naturally if desired with one of these options
- – And of course following a low sugar, low flour diet.
By utilizing the information presented on this site, you agree to and understand that Bill Farr is not a doctor or any other type of certified health care professional, and his opinion is not a substitute for professional medical prevention, diagnosis, or treatment. Please consult with your doctor or your other health care providers concerning your symptoms and medical requirements before following any of the remedies or other suggestions he offers. His opinion is based on his own research and is to be used for educational purposes only. Bill Farr’s wellness plans and advice are meant to be used in conjunction with standard allopathic or osteopathic medical treatment and care.