Benefits of Himalayan Pink Salt
Himalayan salt benefits include supporting weight loss, detox, and balanced hormones. You can even use it in your home improve air quality! I start and end my day with himalayan salt, with lots of salt in-between.
What about High Blood Pressure?
Studies found that hypertension and high blood pressure are associated only with table salt since it doesn’t have the other minerals to balance out the sodium (such as magnesium). In fact real or unrefined salt actually works to regulate blood pressure. The studies also showed that the sodium was a vital mineral for our bodies especially during physical activity such as exercise. I’ve seen multiple sources say that you can use it freely and trust your body. In other words, a few sites recommended to use 1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt per day and more for athletes, however, go by your taste for it. If you are craving real salt such as this, use it. If it tastes bad, bitter or too much for you, you’re body doesn’t require it at that time.
Facts and excerpts:
- Table salt, is 97% Sodium Chloride (NaCl) is chemically produced, bleached and devoid of most other nutrients. It also contains Aluminum (linked to many other health problems)
- Unrefined sea salt is healthy. The blood-pressure-raising effect of table salt can be due to its high content of sodium with not enough magnesium to balance it. This has a magnesium-lowering effect that can constrict the arteries and raise blood pressure. Real salt (of various kinds) contains plenty of magnesium and other important minerals, which is why it usually does not affect blood pressure in a negative way.
Taken from article here – (drsircus.com/medicine/salt/real-salt-celtic-salt-and-himalayan-salt)
Regarding Blood Pressure:
- “Processed and restaurant foods account for more than three-quarters of all sodium.” (Instead of cutting out real salt, cut out those to lower blood pressure.)
- …Among their findings were that except in a few places with extremely low salt consumption, the amount of sodium in the diet was unrelated to the prevalence of hypertension in a society or to its average blood pressure.
Taken from – (wellnessmama.com/3745/is-salt-healthy/)
20 Reasons Why Eating Unrefined Salt Benefits Your Health
- Stabilizes irregular heartbeat and regulates blood pressure – in conjunction with water
- Extracts excess acidity from the cells in the body, particularly the brain cells, promoting healthy pH.
- Balances sugar levels in the blood, which is particularly important for diabetics
- Is essential for the generation of hydroelectric energy in the cells of the body
- Is vital for the absorption of nutrient components through the intestinal tract
- Is needed to clear the lungs of mucus and sticky phlegm, particularly in those suffering from asthma and cystic fibrosis
- Clears up catarrh and congestion in the sinuses
- Is a strong natural antihistamine
- Can prevent muscle cramps
- Helps prevent excess saliva production; saliva that is flowing out of the mouth during sleep may indicate salt deficiency
- Makes bones firm; 27 percent of the body’s salt content is located in the bones; salt deficiency and/or eating refined salt versus real salt are major causes of osteoporosis
- Regulates sleep; acts as a natural hypnotic
- Helps prevent gout and gouty arthritis
- Is vital for maintaining sexuality and libido
- Can prevent varicose veins and spider veins on the legs and thighs
- Supplies the body with over 80 essential mineral elements; refined salt, such as the common table salt, has been stripped of all but two of these elements; In addition, refined, commercial salt contains harmful additives, including aluminum silicate, a primary cause of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Supports thyroid and adrenal function
- Balances hormones overall for men and women
- Helps to reduce the signs of aging
- It is required for adequate stomach acid (see Dr. Wallach’s video below)
Buy it here: (click photo) –
(Real Salt is my favorite of the pink salts as it is extracted without explosives and has the lowest metal content)
The Miracle of Unrefined Salt Benefits
Natural Himalayan salt contains between 84 and 92 essential minerals, whereas refined adulterated salt (a byproduct of the chemical industry) contains only two elements, sodium (Na) and chlorine (Cl). When cells suffer from a dietary deficiency of trace elements, they lose their ability to control their ions. This has dire consequences on the human body. Even if ion equilibrium is lost for just one minute, cells in the body begin to burst. This can lead to nervous disorders, brain damage, or muscle spasms, as well as a breakdown of the cell-regenerating process.
Salt and Weight Loss:
The body requires salt to properly digest carbohydrates. In the presence of natural salt, saliva and gastric secretions are able to break down the fibrous parts of carbohydrate foods. In its dissolved and ionized form, salt facilitates the digestive process and sanitizes the GI tract.
Commercially produced table salt has just the opposite effect. To make salt resist the reabsorption of moisture and, thereby, be more convenient for the consumer, salt manufacturers add chemicals such as desiccants, as well as different bleaches, to the final salt formula. After undergoing processing, the salt can no longer blend or combine with human body fluids. This invariably undermines the most basic chemical and metabolic processes in the body. Water retention and kidney and blood pressure problems are the most obvious consequences of refined salt consumption. Refined salt is still added to thousands of different manufactured foods. Some 50 percent of the American population suffers from water retention (the leading cause of weight gain and obesity). The consumption of large amounts of refined salt is much to blame for that.
Unrefined Salt and Health
During the Celtic era, salt was used to treat major physical and mental disturbances, severe burns, and other ailments. Research has shown that seawater removes hydroelectrolytic imbalance, a disorder that causes a loss of the immune response, allergies, and numerous other health problems.
Eating unrefined salt fulfills the body’s need for salt without upsetting the hydroelectrolytic balance. If your diet contains a good amount of potassium in natural form, you should have no concern about being harmed by the relatively small amount of sodium in real sea salt. Foods that are particularly high in potassium are bananas, apricots, avocados, pumpkin seeds, beans, potatoes, winter squash, and many other vegetables.
7 Ways to use Himalayan Sea Salt:
1. Every morning take Sole – powerful detox and rejuvenating qualities. Learn all of the benefits of Sole and how to easily make it here.
2. Salt therapy inhalation – When the salty air is inhaled, the antibacterial and antimicrobial properties purify and detox the lungs and sinuses. Studies show that salt therapy is widely effective for:
- Reducing asthma (many users report no longer needing their rescue inhaler)
- Reducing seasonal allergies by cleansing the sinuses
- Coughs and chest congestion
- Improving the respiratory systems of smokers
- Improving skin conditions like eczema and dermatitis
- Improving lung function in individuals with cystic fibrosis
- Helps with snoring
3. Himalayan Salt lamp – Salt lamps attract moisture from the air to the lamp surface, where, due to the warmth, the water evaporates quickly. The evaporation produces negative ions (source). Pollen, dust, dirt, pollutants, and allergens in the air all carry a positive charge, and that is how they can be suspended in the air. The negative ions neutralize these positive ions so they can no longer be airborne.
Due to the negative ion production, salt lamps are believed to reduce the toxicity of EMFs. EMFs are the electromagnetic frequencies emitted from electronics (click here to learn more). Growing research shows that the high levels of EMFs in our living environment contribute to disease. You can purchase salt lamps that plug into your computers USB port to help reduce the electropollution and radiation from the computer.
(Click the photo below for a link). Many readers tell me they also find the lamps from wellness catalogs or health food stores. For best results, leave your lamp on 24/7. The lamp itself lasts indefinitely, but the bulb will need to be occasionally replaced.
4. Neti Pot with Himalayan Salt
The benefits of using a neti pot includes:
- Reducing or eliminating seasonal allergies
- Preventing or alleviating a sinus infection
- Clearing postnasal drip
Because all fluid in our body contains sodium, we should only use lightly salted water in a neti pot. The salt also acts as an antimicrobial agent to ward off sinus infections. I don’t recommend using a neti pot on a daily basis, because this can strip the native microbes from the sinuses and make you more susceptible to a sinus infection. Instead, I only reach for my neti pot when I face sinus congestion or postnasal drip. (click photo for link at Amazon)
See a video on how to use it here: http://www.himalayaninstitute.org/products-publications/neti-pot-products/neti-pot-demo-guide/
5. Himalayan Salt Detox Baths
Adding himalayan salt to a bath creates a rejuvenating, detoxing, and relaxing at-home spa. The salt water carries the electrical charge of the salt, along with the dissolved minerals. A salt bath helps draw out toxins, deep cleanses the skin, and helps cleanse the body energetically.
6. Himalayan Salt Detoxer
The Himalayan Salt Detoxer uses the same mechanism as my beloved salt lamps. A bulb inside the detoxer warms the himalayan salt dome. Then, you place your feet or hands on the warm dome and allow the generated negative ions to flow into your body. Alternatively, you can purchase himalayan salt slabs, warm them in the oven, and then place your feet on them (click second picture below).
7. Just eat it! – Replace your table salt with it and enjoy!
Here are some videos on what other people have to say about it:
Dr. Mercola on Himalayan Pink Salt:
Dr. Joel Wallach talks about the dangers of a low salt diet:
Here are some books on the subject:
Salt and sodium are not the same thing. Sodium is often considered bad for you, especially sodium chloride, but natural salt is actually a healthy item to have in your diet. There are many benefits to consuming natural salt, but natural salt is not table salt. Table salt has been highly processed, reducing it down to sodium chloride which makes table salt so unhealthy
This ancient salt is over 250 million years old and it contains all of the 84 elements found in your body. This e-book talks about all the health benefits of Himalayan crystal salt and Himalayan crystal salt lamps. Discover the health benefits and healing secrets that pharmaceutical companies don’t want you to know about Himalayan crystal salt.
This book will show you the remarkable healing ability of unrefined salt. Includes actual case studies. See how adding the right kind of salt to your diet can help: 1) Adrenal Disorders 2) Blood Pressure 3) Cholesterol Levels 4) Fatigue 5) Headaches 6) Immune System Function 7) Thyroid Disorders