The Benefits of Bentonite Clay
Bentonite Clay has become more popular in recent years as an internal and external detox and cleanser for very good reasons. Its perfect for facial cleansing, detox as well as heavy metal or colon cleanses. Here are some of it’s uses along with where to get it and how it works below:
Bentonite Clay Toothpaste:
Bentonite Clay Deodorant:
Bentonite Clay Mask:
A clay mask made from Bentonite draws excess oils and debris to the surface of your skin, boosts circulation to tighten the skin and stimulate blood flow, and removes dead skin cells that can clog pores.
- • Do not use metal utensils or containers to stir or store Bentonite clay powder. Contact with metal may decrease the clay's potency.
- • The internal use of Bentonite clay is an excellent and simple way to do an effective cleanse. Among other benefits, it can reduce body odor, skin blemishes, and digestive track issues of all sorts.
- • The clay can be stirred into water, juice or any other beverage of your choice. It can also be sprinkled on foods or encapsulated.
- • This is very effective internally and externally in case of bug bites, stings, snake bites, or any other kind of poisoning. Since it is helpful in removing heavy metals from your body, I take a teaspoon after I eat fish, especially on the rare occasion I eat Sushi
- • Bentonite clay can be used to benefit anyone: men, women (including before, during or after pregnancy, and nursing), children, and animals.
- • It can be used as often as you would like, and in any way you choose. Just remember to consume LOTS of water while using it internally. Also it is binding, so it is important to take an all natural fiber together with it such as:
- • You can take 1 to 2 teaspoons per day then work up to a little more after the first week. Take for 3 to 6 weeks
As explained below, not all are mined or created equally. This is my favorite brand of Bentonite Clay:
(email firstname.lastname@example.org for links)
Directions and Usage:
INTERNAL USE - Take 1 tablespoon with water, 2 hours after your supplements for 2-3 weeks then 2 week break and see how you feel if you want to do it again. You can do another cycle or just once per week. Drink – lot of water and Psyllium Husk (empty stomach is okay). It generally doesn't mix well in liquids so what I do is mix it in as best I can and add a little pinch of salt, then let it set for about 15 min. and that usually helps it dissolve better. You can also mix it in foods or encapsulate it.
Facial mask –
Fungal infections – This is great to apply to toe fungus. Mix the dry clay with vinegar and applied it to your feet every night for a week and see the improvement.
Rash or itching – A simple “mud pack” made with Bentonite Clay powder and enough water (or apple cider vinegar) to create a thick goo can help control the itch and dry up blisters, herbalists say. Spread the clay over the affected area and let air dry. Keep it on until the clay wears off or gets itchy. Wash off the residue.
Receding Gums: If you have trouble with receding, this will be very helpful for you. The best is to make a dry water bentonite mix - put it on a small strip of non absorbable paper (or a mouthpiece) about 3 cm long and then apply to teeth. (or in a mouthpiece such as one from a tooth whitening kit). It will stick like glue. Leave it overnight. The results are almost immediate.
About Bentonite Clay
It is important to know however that not all Bentonite Clay is created equal, most of it is not mined for internal use or sifted as finely as it should be. My favorite place to get it is at Bulk Herb Store because they are unsurpassed in purity, quality and mine it with only stainless steel equipment to keep it from adsorbing heavy metals while it is being harvested. They use naturally forming clay (not processed) and all Bentonite, is made of minerals that are a part of the smectite class of clays. Bentonite clay is primarily composed of the mineral, montmorillonite which, if it contains sodium as an exchangeable ion, can swell up to six times its size when wet. Calcium Bentonite clay is only slightly swelling, allowing it to pass uninhibited through the colon wall, were it will go on to clean the blood and give vital minerals to the bones. Bulk Herb store’s clay is a natural mix of both sodium and calcium Bentonite, this will allow it to do twice as much as either one by itself.
How It Works:
Bentonite Clay carries a relatively strong negative ionic charge. The negative charge is compensated for by adsorbing a cation (either Sodium or Calcium) to the interior of the molecule, this is what makes it either Sodium Bentonite or Calcium Bentonite Clay. Now when you activate this clay, like a vacuum it will magnetically grab the junk in your body (heavy metals, toxins, acid, etc.…) taking the toxins out in your waste. The two different clays although very similar in their inert state (dry) have very different applications when activated (mixed with water).
The Sodium Bentonite has the highest Cation Exchange Capacity (CEC) and the higher the CEC of the clay the stronger the negative charge. This means that Sodium Montmorillonite has a stronger vacuum for pulling in heavy metals and toxins that it comes into contact with. Furthermore the Sodium Bentonite swells more giving it the ability to adsorb and absorb more toxins pulling them into the interior layers of the clay and carrying the them out of the body through the feces.
Calcium Bentonite does not swell as much as Sodium Bentonite and while that makes it less effective as a detoxing agent it is more effective as a remineralizer. Because it dose not swell as much, Calcium Bentonite will have some tiny particles small enough to pass through the colon wall into the bloodstream. There it will scavenge out toxins and leave behind vital minerals. Montmorillonite is a Silica based mineral and it is silica that allows calcium to pass through the outer portion of the bone to the interior where it is most needed.
Bentonite and your pH:
Another factor that makes Bentonite Clay Powder so indispensable is its ability to elevate your body’s pH. The Bentonite will absorb some of the hydrogen from your cells enabling them to fill that space with the oxygen you so dearly need.
Bentonite Clay and wildlife:
Peruvian Macaws seem to somehow know the benefits of Bentonite clay. Macaws are entirely dependent upon wild fruit for there main source of food, but at certain times of the year only poisonous fruit is available. So they will fly to the nearest clay lick and eat the clay in the morning which will adsorb the alkaloid toxins found in the poisonous fruit they eat during the day. Its highest power lies in the ability to absorb toxins, impurities, heavy metals and other internal contaminants. Bentonite clay's structure assists it in attracting and soaking up poisons on its exterior wall and then slowly drawing them into the interior center of the clay where they are held in a sort of repository. To state it another way, Bentonite is swelling clay. When it becomes mixed with water it rapidly swells open like a highly porous sponge. From here the toxins are drawn into the sponge through electrical attraction and once there, they are bound.
Click this photo below for link to the bentonite clay I recommend.
– Bentonite clay uses – morgellonsaid.wordpress.com/topical-treatments-2/bentonite-clay/
– Uses – www.naturalnews.com/043969_bentonite_clay_detoxification_beautiful_skin.html
– Benefits of Eating bentonite clay for a cleanse – www.authenticdiscovery.com.au/colon-cleansing-with-bentonite-clay
– Bentonite Clay in your pH – www.bulkherbstore.com/articles/ph-balance?id=S8Ss6thC&mv_pc=11620″”
– Also good against radiation -www.naturalnews.com/041960_Fukushima_radiation_leak_bentonite_clay.html