Most people know not to drink tap water, but what they fail to realize is showering in unfiltered water is 10 times worse than drinking it.
10 Benefits of a Shower Filter
- The EPA has stated that every household in the US has elevated levels of chloroform in the air from chlorine released from the shower.
- Tap water often contains more chlorine than is recommended for swimming pools.
- More chlorine enters the body through skin absorption and inhalation while showering than through drinking tap water.
- Because of chlorine, showering in tap water has harsh, drying effects on skin and hair and contributes to premature aging.
- Skin pores widen while showering, making skin more absorbent of chlorine.
- The chlorine in showering water can cause rashes and other skin irritations when absorbed by the skin and lead to skin problems like eczema.
- Chemicals in showering water vaporize at a much faster rate than the actual water. Thus, the steam in a shower contains a much higher concentration of chemicals than the water itself.
- Inhaled chemicals make their way into the bloodstream quicker than ingested chemicals, without the added filtration benefits of digestion.
- More water contaminants are released into the air of a home from the shower than from any other source.
- Chlorine is a suspected cause of breast cancer. Women suffering from breast cancer are all found to have 50-60% more chlorine in their breast tissue than healthy women.
In over 20 years of using shower filters, this is the best one that I have found. It does not slow the pressure at all and even increases it in some cases, and you can attach the head you like. (Click the picture to go to the site)
Pitchers: The zero water filter is my favorite pitcher, taking out more impurities than any other filter.
This is my favorite pitcher for the kitchen, taking out more impurities than any other filter.
If you only get one filter get the shower filter because you absorb toxins from the tap water directly through your bloodstream from breathing in the toxins in the steam but also because your pores are opened and they are absorbing them through your skin.
Chlorine vapor is a leading cause of asthma. Chlorine is also is an enzyme killer so it will give you digestive problems and make it more difficult for you to lose weight
Rutgers University study says 70% of exposure to tap water contamination happens in the shower. They found that in a 10-minute shower you inhale and absorb through your skin more chlorine and chemicals than in 2 liters of tap water
This is so effective that times when I’ve gone away and didn’t take this with me, after a day, my skin and hair is dry and flakey, so now I always take it with me.
Everyone I know who has tried this shower filter loves it, so I hope you get one of these. I have personally seen this shower help people with eczema, dry skin and other skin problems. Aquasana guarantees their shower filter will make your skin and hair softer in one week, or they give you the money back.
Click here to see Part 1 talking about the importance of water, problems with tap water and options to purify it for drinking.