Gingivitis is a mild form of gum disease is caused by so many things including smoking, certain medications, poor diet, and bad oral hygiene. It causes problems in your immune response, creates inflammation leading to pain and other issues, it’s bad for your heart and brain and can lead to depression, anxiety and heart attack and further to cancer. And I would Always check with your dentist Doctor especially in extreme cases of pain or bleeding.
Obvious Tip – Brush at least 2 times per day: Why? The plaque, made of bacteria and food particles, attaches to the gum line hardens into tarter in just 24 hours and then this needs to be removed by a dentist. And if you don’t, it just grows, inflaming the gums and pushes them away from the teeth growing more bacteria and plaque leading to you losing your teeth.
Now simple methods that that can help to prevent this and alleviate the situation if you have bleeding gums or bad breath:
- 1. Gargling with salt water, lemon or baking soda, 2 or 3 times a day. I would also add a couple drops of pure edible grade tea tree oil also known as melaleuca or clove oil in extreme cases. (Essential Oil links below)
- 2. Brush softly with turmeric paste since it’s anti-inflammatory. This is made simply by mixing 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder with 1 teaspoon of pure water.
- 3. Avoid sugar and sugary drinks as they stop your teeth from being able to re-mineralize themselves.
- 4. Avoid Fluoride and Glycerin in toothpaste – See my baking soda toothpaste here and my bentonite clay toothpaste here. I use the baking soda in the morning and bentonite clay one at night. For more on fluoride see this video and more links in the source box below. Fluoride movie – https://youtu.be/2mUUrZJaHPU
- 5. Other foods to avoid are processed foods, including grains and non-organic foods.
- 6. If you do eat these, any meats, coffee, or sodas it’s a good idea to brush your teeth afterward to remove the acid from your teeth.
7. Eat organic vegetables to help balance the pH as well.
- 8. Also vitamin D, K, and Magnesium are helpful for teeth and bones. See my blog on supplements I take here. If you’re taking calcium be sure to be taking an equal amount or more magnesium otherwise the calcium won’t be absorbed into your bones and is actually bad for you. (see my blog on magnesium here)
- 9. Eat probiotic foods, such
as,a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in the morning, fermented vegetables, sauerkraut, milk kefir, water kefir, lactofermented pickles, and kombucha. For Re-mineralization there are a few things necessary: –
- – Clean teeth without any coating on it from fluoride or glycerin or food remains. Baking soda toothpaste here / Bentonite clay here
- – Minerals in the saliva from the food. This allows for the process of the minerals and the ions get onto the damaged or unhealthy part of the tooth. (carbonic acid must convert back to co2 and water, then the mineral ion is precipitated out of solution and into the demineralized spot of the enamel)
In order to re-mineralize, we have to eat better, drink better and use the right toothpaste.
Regarding Commercial Toothpaste,
- 10. Oil Pull to protect your gums. It’s like a super natural mouthwash that pulls the toxins out of your mouth. It’s good for so many things within your system because it removes bad bacteria. And see my blog on that here. For swollen or bleeding gums I would also add a couple of drops of clove oil. (click photo for link)
To buy Therapeutic grade Edible Essential Oils: – go to or click – www.mydoterra.com/newyorkcity/
– click “Shop” in the top banner.
– click “Single Oils” under products to get Clove, Frankincense, etc, then “proprietary blends” for blends such as
– Check out
For Complete Oral Health I Use this Process:
- – Oil Pull (instead of any mouth wash)
- – Then brush with this baking soda toothpaste in the morning (after oil pulling).
- – Then brush with The Bentonite Clay toothpaste in this blog at night
- – Whiten teeth
isdesired with one of these options
- – And of course following a low sugar, low flour diet.
- – Stop Flossing & Do this for bad breath and bleeding gums 2/3
- – Herbs & Other Tips for Healthy Teeth & Gums 3/3
If you have swollen or bleeding gums you may need to get a deep cleaning from a
Don’t like to floss? Me Neither So see part 2 of this blog and learn what I do that stops bad breath, can help with bleeding gums and other dental problems.
Below are some suggestions with the essential oils for oil pulling. Add these to a tablespoon of coconut oil.
– For bad breath: 2 drops of cinnamon, spearmint, or peppermint essential oil
– Toothache: 2 drops of clove or tea tree essential oil, or one of each
– Canker sores: 2 drops of holy basil essential oil.
– Gum disease: 2 drops of cinnamon, clove, or tea tree essential oil.
– Receding gums: Add 2 drops of Myrrh essential oil.
– Cavities: 2 drops of clove or tea tree essential oil, or one of each
– Any infection in the mouth: 2 drops of clove or tea tree essential oil, or one of each – For gums use myrrh,
To buy Therapeutic grade Edible Essential Oils:
– go to or click – www.mydoterra.com/newyorkcity/
– click “Shop” in the top banner.
– click “Single Oils” under products to get Clove, Melaleuca, Frankincense, etc, then “proprietary blends” for blends such as
– Check out Disclaimer This is only an opinion from personal experience. What you read here is not a substitute for professional medical prevention, diagnosis, or treatment.
Please consult with your doctor or your other health care providers concerning your symptoms and medical requirements before following any of the remedies or other suggestions on this site. 3 dental organizations for contact – Iabdm.com IAOMD, & ABD
Summary Hacks for dental health
1. Gargle with salt water/lemon/baking soda
2. Essential oils – clove / tea tree
3. Make a turmeric paste
4. Don’t eat or drink sugary foods, processed foods
5. Eliminate fluoride and glycerin toothpaste and make your own
6. Don’t eat grains or processed foods
7. Brush after eating acidic foods
8. Eat organic green vegetables to balance pH.
9. Take as least 1:1 magnesium with calcium, also vitamin D and K 10. Eat probiotic foods
11. Oil pull
Apple Cider Vinegar for Probiotics
By utilizing the information presented on this site, you agree to and understand that Bill Farr is not a doctor or any other type of certified health care professional, and his opinion is not a substitute for professional medical prevention, diagnosis, or treatment. Please consult with your doctor or your other health care providers concerning your symptoms and medical requirements before following any of the remedies or other suggestions he offers. His opinion is based on his own research and is to be used for educational purposes only. Bill Farr’s wellness plans and advice are meant to be used in conjunction with standard allopathic or osteopathic medical treatment and care.